CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Faith

A few days ago, some sweet Sister Missionaries were practicing teaching me. One of them explained to me that faith is "a belief that moves you." Maybe it was because of her cute southern accent, or maybe because of the spirit, but those words really stuck with me.
I realized that having faith is different than having expectations. I probably knew that once, but I obviously forgot it. To have faith in God's promises is believing in Him, and trusting in Him, but it is also doing whatever you can to bring those promises about in your own life.
As Christ himself explains: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me (Moroni 7:33). He doesn't say that if we have faith in Him, He will do whatsoever thing with us, but that he will give US the power to do that thing.
As I learnt this lesson this past week, I felt a strong desire to recommit myself to Heavenly Father. I know that His perfect plan teaches us to become as He would have us be, and that our faith in Christ gives us the power to do so.

"Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" by Gene R Cook (lds.org)

0 comments:

Post a Comment