CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

- Weekend in Victoria -


05-25-09

Zach and I drove down island to Victoria this weekend. We went to finally get my passport renewed and decided to make a weekend out of it. We arrived Friday night, stopped by some old friends of mine, then went to bed. Saturday, we got up late, ate a wonderful breakfast that had been left out for us, and headed into town. In Victoria we walked around, saw the sights and had a good morning. By 2:00, we were pretty worn out - but we made one last stop at Island View Beach. We headed back to the old country house of the family friend with whom we were staying, watched the hockey game (Go Penguins!) and then napped.

We spent the evening relaxing there. Sunday, we went to my old family ward and then stopped by my old single's ward as well. It was nice to see so many old friends, but I think it was overwhelming for Zach to have to meet so many new people. It's still weird to have to introduce him as my "husband". I usually start laughing as I try to get it out, but I guess that will fade in time.

Today, we went downtown with Dad and dealt with passport stuff. We had to leave the office on two separate occasions: 1) to get my declaration of a lost passport notarized ($20 later), and then 2) after meeting with two people in the office and finishing all the required paper work, having to get new passport photos because there was a "shadow" on the ones I had. Whether or not it was a shadow or hair was questionable, but after a while, it was decided that I needed new ones. So another $20 and 20 minutes later, I was finally done. It was quite the process! We took Zach to China town and fed him Dim Sum (Chinese brunch). It was mostly entertaining to watch Zach eat questionable chinese food. We drove home (I napped) and then we had FHE. I've decided that we need more people in our family so that we each don't have to do 2-3 things as a part of FHE every week!! Anyways, that's all we've been up as of late!

0 comments:

Post a Comment