CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

- One Busy Week and One Long Drive -


5-15-09

Zach and I arrived in Victoria on Tuesday morning after the longest drive of our lives. Because we're far from Utah and the good people of America, at BriAnna's suggestion, we decided to start a blog and share some of our adventures with you. Like I said, it's been a pretty busy week. My Mum and Dad, sister Leslie and brother-in-law Luke arrived in Thanksgiving Point last Monday. It was nice to see them again seeing as I haven't seen them since August... and Zach had yet to meet his soon to be in-laws. He'll deny this but I saw the fear in his eyes as we drove up to meet "the parents". Fortunately, he remembered everyone's names. We'd worked out a nice little game for remembering Dad's name. It's Blayne, which as it turns out, rhymes with "pain". Convenient eh? Anyways, we ate (lots) introduced them to Rockband and the Wee, and visited the Kennecott Copper Mine, and Thanksgiving Point Gardens. It was fun, especially the children's garden where we could play and climb on things.


After all that, Saturday morning finally arrived. I woke up at 4:30 - like it was an important day or something. We went to the Pavilion and ate a delicious breakfast around family and friends. After breakfast, we went over to the Jenkin's house before the sealing. Harlee almost crawled, which was exciting. After a bit, Zach reminded me that we really ought to leave for the Temple to be sealed for time and all eternity. I had told him beforehand that when we were kneeling at the altar across from one another I would either laugh or cry. I laughed the first time he kissed me, the first time he told me he loved me, and when we first talked about getting married too. It was pretty likely getting married would make me laugh too. In the car on the way over, I cried - overwhelmed - and decided maybe I would just cry and not laugh this time.



The sealing was beautiful. I loved it. I love being married! Afterwards, we took one million pictures, went to the Pavilion and took one million more (thanks to our amazing photographer, Kittye). The reception was fun... but long. I wasn't expecting my back to hurt so much from trying to stand up straight all day! Clearly I need to work on my posture a bit! It was good though, we even got to eat a bit! And then, just like that, we were married. It feels basically the same as before, only much much better and way more fun.


One of the highlights of the wedding day:

Thanks Brady - we particularly liked it when you jacked up Rosie (our car) so that we'd high center as we tried to drive away... also, it's empty cans - not full ones!!!

Monday we got ready to go and by the early afternoon, we were on the road headed north. We had to stop in SLC because Zach needed to get another birth certificate. Apparently when you apply for a passport they keep your birth certificate! Who knew? Well, you'd think we would have realized that he didn't get it back when we applied for his passport, but we didn't until three days before we wanted to leave! Thank goodness we could get one really fast. After a 30 minute stop, and $15, we were on our way.


Idaho was flat, and full of horsies... oh no... COWS. We got to Oregon around dusk. Thank goodness for beef jerky - I think it might be all the protein, but that stuff will keep you awake endlessly... Zach drove most of the way, I drove a bit. We drove through a blizzard in the Rocky Mountains of Washington which slowed us down a bit, but we didn't get lost - not even once!

It wasn't until about 4:00am that it really started to hit us. Rainy Washington seemed to go on forever and the border seemed like it was getting further and further away. There were no problems getting through the border and really before we knew it, we were on a FERRY headed to Duke Point, Nanaimo. Zach went crazy, and I laughed at him. ;)

Finally, we got to Mum and Dad's condo in Coutenay and we took a 6 hour nap. There are trees here, lots of trees and everything is green.

1 comments:

BriAnna Jenkins

I can NOT even contain my excitement about this blog!! I am going to post about it and link over to you RIGHT NOW because I am SO HAPPY about it!!

Post a Comment