CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sopa de Verduras

Lately, I have been craving a Mexican Vegetable Soup (Sopa de Verduras) that I had on my mission so yesterday, I decided to try my hand at making it. It turned out quite well, but was hard to find a recipe so here is what I did:
Roast 2 tomatos, 1/2 an onion and 4 cloves of garlic in the oven.
When roasted, blend these things and some water in a blender.
Meanwhile, chop (large pieces) an onion, zucchini, celery, and carrots.
In a large saucepan, cook the onion until translucent.
Add the tomato blend, 1 can of chicken stock, and 2 cups of water (maybe more?)
Add a few springs of cilantro
Cook until the cilantro is limp.
Remove the cilantro.
Add a dash of lemon juice, a bouillon cube, and a dash of chili pepper
Add the vegetables and cook until they are tender crisp.
Serve with warmed corn tortillas and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment