CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween!

I hate Halloween.  Ok, I don't "hate" it (I mean it does involve lots and lots of candy after all), but it definitely is not my favourite holiday.  When summer quickly starts to fade into fall and the leaves on the trees begin to change and drop, the air seems thick with looming holiday festiveness (and rain...) but I can't ever seem to get geared up for Halloween, especially when Christmas draws nearer and nearer still.  The very mention of Christmas puts a smile on my face, so I guess I like Halloween in that it marks another milestone in bringing Christmas cheer even closer.  But that's it. 

Burrito Ellie


Ellie's Opinion of Halloween:


Despite my lack of enthusiasm, we did put our 5 week old baby in a costume (for 30 seconds) because it involved felt tomato slices and lettuce leaves (that I was going to make anyways) and a swaddle blanket (aka a piece of beige flannel) and it was just so darn cute.  Maybe now that we have a child, I will get more into the Halloween spirit... maybe next year Zach and I will even dress up too, but don't quote me on that.  However, if Noelle's costume is anymore complicated than a piece of cloth I might have to start working on it now just to have it done in time... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment