CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Crazy Life we Lead







So, a few weeks ago, I won a game of rock paper scissors. And then we decided to move to Canada in exactly one week. We said goodbye to our friends and family, our apartment (which got leased in one day = huge blessing!), our lovely ward, our bountiful garden (Amber, is it dead yet?), and a bunch of other stuff. But the last straw? My houseplant. I nearly broke down when Zach suggested we throw it away (you can't take plants across the border...). I have a reputation for killing plants and that one (his name was Fritz) had nearly survived to see his first birthday. It was such a huge feat for me and he was so green and pretty that I left him outside the front door instead of in the dumpster. I can only hope the new tenants accepted him into their family.

Since we've been here? Zach saw a bear up the mountain. We saw 30 bald eagles in a bay in Courtney and then we went back another time to take pictures. There was only one there that night, but the beach was littered with fish carcasses and heads of the eagles' lunch. We're slowly settling in and eagerly awaiting the flooring to be installed in our soon to be basement suite so we can move into it at least a little.

Our girl is growing a ton and kicking a ton too. Zach was surprised to know how hard she kicks when he actually saw my belly move. I don't mind those ones at all, but she's also developed the awesome habit of kicking my bladder every 5 minutes which really isn't as cute.

4 comments:

Unknown

The pictures are backwards... oh well... Those shells are what the eagles left from lunch (we didn't take pictures of the fish heads...). Then there's a picture of the one eagle that was still there (and me). Then it's Zach in our garden in Utah with lettuce that we grew. Then it's our garden, and finally me in our empty and sad apartment....

CHancock21

We are so sad to see you go! Glad you made it up there safely though. Good luck!

Tracey

Sara, I can't believe you are so close. E-mail me soon and we can get together.

Kerry

Nice pics! I'm a little disappointed in the no fish heads though. I'm glad the move went well. You'll have to tell what would have happened if Zach won.

Post a Comment