CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

COOKING is FUN!

When you get married, it seems that eating crackers and cheese for dinner is no longer acceptable. At first, I was slightly distraught by this news... How on earth was I going to be able to think of things to cook Zach... and then to actually make those things (edible!)? These are scary questions facing a newlywed college student. Fortunately, I am blessed with a husband who will eat anything I make him, experimental or not! Anyways, to overcome my fears, I decided to learn one new recipe a week... and along the way, I've learnt that Cooking is actually FUN! In the past couple of weeks, I've made: Enchiladas, Shepherd's pie, Chicken Roll-ups, Lasagna, Spaghetti, Leek and Potato Soup, Tostadas, Tortilla Soup (a definite favourite), Meatloaf (even though I'd never eaten it before), and Corn Chowder. As it turns out, cooking isn't that intimidating after all, and I've really begun to enjoy making new and yummy things... The problem is that I always too much!

4 comments:

BriAnna Jenkins

You'd never had meatloaf?!?!

Tracey

I also loved cooking when I had time. Remember to not take the pleasure of cooking completely away from Zach :) When you have four children and a business to run it is really nice to have a husband who also knows how to cook.

Unknown

Is that weird Bri? haha... when I made it Sunday, it was my first time! You'll have to come over and try it so that I know if I'm doing right!

lilygwood

I almost don't believe you! This is the young woman who ever so patiently taught me how to bake pies, and cookies and every other thing I know how to make (weather by actual instruction or the fact that I can seriously hear your voice when I read directions). You not know how to cook...psh! You're amazing at everything:)

Post a Comment