CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

- Just Another Day -

June 18th 2009

We were eating dinner with Mum and Dad when it happened. Over a plate of Vietnamese food, I realized that I've been home from my mission to California for one year today. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Overall, they are good, satisfied feelings (and distinctly less-tired feelings). I went out with the sister missionaries in Courtenay for the first time today too. The lady we went to visit wasn't home. It made me feel slightly good to know that I wasn't the only one that experienced the disappointment of canceled appointments. Anyways, it's nice to know that even though I haven't worn the name tag in one year, I can still be a missionary in a different place and with a different kind of companion. :)

1 comments:

Kerry

Welcome home! I know exactly how you feel. So, we went to Vista for church on Sunday, and at the beginning of the meeting, the sisters were using the phone to call someone, I can only assume someone who was supposed to come buy hadn't showed up! It made me remember the good ole times, and think that I was glad that I was in the congregation and not having to worry about investigators! You still are a missionary! And you and your companion can do great things:)

Post a Comment